The technology behind geothermal has evolved and improved over the last 50 years. Over one million business and homeowners across the United States have had systems installed to date. If you’re still relying on fossil fuel as the main source of energy for your Orlando home, here are eight benefits of geothermal heating and cooling for you to consider.
- Superior comfort – Geothermal boasts improved air quality and comfort and consistent indoor temperature levels, virtually eliminating cold or hot spots associated with traditional systems. Zoning systems also allow for more control over various areas in your home.
- Longer life cycle – The average life cycle of a geothermal system is between 20 and 24 years, compared to 13 to 15 years for a conventional system.
- Safe – The chances of carbon monoxide poisoning, explosions or exposure to hazardous fumes are eliminated with the absence of fossil fuels.
- Eco-friendly – Three major factors contribute to the positive environmental impact of using a geothermal heating and cooling system in your home: no greenhouse gas emissions, no burning of fossil fuels and minimal use of electricity.
- Water heating capabilities – One of the bonus benefits of geothermal heating and cooling is its ability to reclaim heat removed from your home during the cooling process and use it to heat water for use within your home.
- Whisper quiet – The lack of a noisy outdoor unit associated with most heat pumps or A/C units significantly reduces noise during system operation.
- Adaptability – Geothermal systems perform well under almost any circumstances and climates, from the cool north to the heat of the south, and in all types of homes whether old, new, small or large.
- Cost saving benefits – With efficiency ratings between 400 and 500 percent, a geothermal system costs far less to operate than even the most efficient natural gas unit running at 95 percent.
To learn more about the benefits of geothermal heating and cooling, give us a call at Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions. For more than 45 years, we’ve been providing quality service to the residents of Orlando and surrounding areas.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about geothermal heating and cooling and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock