All the Parts of Your HVAC System Works Together — Learn How
The HVAC system in your home does not consist of only one system or part. Heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment work together to maintain the desired comfort level inside your home. All the parts that make-up the HVAC system works together and if any of the parts are not operating efficiently, the system will not be efficient.
How the Parts of the HVAC System Works Together
- The furnace unit is normally installed in the basement or attic and it pushes the hot or cold air outward into the ductwork system.
- The heat exchanger is housed inside the furnace and heats-up cold air when activated.
- Evaporator coils are also housed inside the furnace, but they are connected to the outside condensing unit and they cool the warm air down when activated.
- The condensing unit is normally housed on the outside, and the unit compresses and condenses refrigerant into liquid form, sends it to the evaporator coils where it is then sprayed through small nozzles, turns back into gaseous form and cools down the air in the process. The refrigerant gas is then sent back to the condensing unit and the process starts all over again.
- The thermostat controls the function of the furnace and can be set to a specific temperature. When the temperature falls below the thermostat temperature setting, the heat exchanger kicks-in. If the temperature is higher than the thermostat temperature setting, the condensing unit kicks-in.
- The ductwork system allows the air to flow to and from the conditioned rooms.
- Fans and vents regulate the airflow in the ductwork system.
Regular maintenance of the HVAC system is essential for the efficient operation of the system. The parts of the HVAC system work together and if any of the parts are not working properly, the whole system will be impacted.
For more expert advice and assistance with how the parts of an HVAC system works together and other issues related to home comfort, please contact us at Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions. We have been proudly serving Melbourne, Titusville, Cocoa beach, Merritt Island, Orlando, FL, since 1969.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Mathias-Rosenthal/Shutterstock”