One of the most exciting things about football is having guests over to watch some of the games throughout the season. Before you pick up your phone to send a Facebook invite, however, there are certain party comfort concerns that you need to tackle. It basically comes down to two primary areas:
Heating or Cooling
If your guests are uncomfortable because of your home’s temperature, the game won’t be nearly as enjoyable. Here are some quick tips:
- Get an HVAC tune-up – Your heating and cooling systems should be serviced at least once a year by a qualified HVAC technician, so if it’s time, give them a call.
- Splurge on Comfort – While we typically suggest that you save energy whenever you can, you may need to forgo those suggestions and splurge a little for the sake of comfort.
- Upgrade to a Better Thermostat – If you’re using a manual thermostat, it’s time to bite the bullet and upgrade to a programmable model that gives you more control over heating and cooling options.
Indoor Air Quality
Providing your guests with clean air to breathe should be a no-brainer, but hosts often don’t think too much about it. We suggest that you follow these tips:
- Clean or Replace the Air Filter – Having a clean air filter goes a long way to keeping your air clear of contaminants, and each filter should be cleaned or replaced every 1-3 months depending on usage.
- Get Rid of Dust – Put that feather duster away! All it does is spread dust around. Instead, pick up microfiber cloths, use a HEPA-equipped vacuum cleaner, and consider the installation of a…
- Whole-House Air Cleaner – This one is so effective that it deserves its own bullet point. While these air cleaners aren’t cheap, the positive effects to your indoor air quality cannot be understated. If you’re strapped for cash, though, a portable unit will work in a pinch.?
If you need more information on party comfort concerns or have general home comfort concerns, contact the professionals at Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions. We’ve been serving the needs of Orlando and the surrounding area since 1969.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).