How To Hire A Reliable HVAC Contractor
If you’re in need of an HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) contractor, you should know there’s more to choosing one that simply flipping open the phonebook and picking the first company that you see. The HVAC contractor that you choose could mean the difference between having an efficient, well-performing HVAC system as opposed to one that perhaps was installed or serviced by a sub-par technician.
If you’re considering hiring an HVAC contractor, here are a few hints to help you find the best one for your job:
- Ask around: Your friends, coworkers and neighbors may have worked with a contractor recently that they’ll happily recommend and for whom they’ll provide a personal reference.
- Request referrals: Once you start contacting a few companies, ask for referrals to previous customers with whom you can connect. Devise a list of questions that you can ask these people, such as whether the contractor stayed on budget and whether the job was completed on schedule.
- Look for licensing: The state of Florida issues licenses to HVAC contractors, so the contractor that you select should provide a license number. If the contractor doesn’t have a license number, consider looking around for a different professional.
- Seek a company with liability insurance: HVAC repair and installation has its risks, so make sure the company has liability insurance, protecting you against any injuries or accidents that occur on your property during the job.
- Try to find special offers: This can be in terms of company coupons or federal tax credits. If you decide you’re interested in tax credits, work closely with your chosen HVAC contractor to make sure that you select a unit that qualifies for the credits.
- Keep brands in mind: Some of the top manufacturers in the industry include Lennox, Trane and Amana. Look for an HVAC contractor that offers products from these brands.
- Expect a written contract: Don’t allow work to begin on a repair or installation until you sign a proposal with a line-item listing of the job, prices, schedule, and model numbers.
With these tips for hiring an HVAC contractor in mind, you’re ready to get in touch with Rinaldi’s Air Conditioning in Orlando. We strive to meet or exceed all your expectations.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Rinaldi’s services Orlando, Florida and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!