How To Prepare For An HVAC Maintenance Visit
For Florida homeowners, maintaining your HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) equipment is vital to it operating efficiently and optimally 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The heat and humidity in our region often makes it uncomfortable beyond belief outside, so just imagine what would happen inside your home if your HVAC unit quit working.
Regular HVAC maintenance ensure that you and your loved ones remain comfortable and your power bills remain manageable. A good rule of thumb is to schedule a visit in the fall and a visit in the spring so that your HVAC contractor can inspect, clean and lubricate your system’s components, as needed. Here’s a few easy steps that you can take to prepare for your contractor’s HVAC maintenance visit:
- Make note of how often you use your HVAC unit, and what temperatures settings you prefer.
- Have some basic information about any problems that you think your HVAC system may be experiencing. Have your utility bills increased dramatically? Is the unit suddenly noisy or less effective?
- If you are a new customer of Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions, records and details of any prior maintenance visits can be extremely useful.
- Make sure that an adult is going to be available to let our technician into your home and answer any necessary questions.
- Have your HVAC system’s information on hand, including the year you purchased it, and it’s make and model number, and warranty information.
- Make sure that all furniture or items that obscure your unit are cleared away, so as to allow our technician easy access.
- Know where all the components of your HVAC system are located, including thermostats, your circuit breaker box, and your actual air conditioning unit and furnace.
After your technician finishes his or her visit, make sure you mark your calendar to schedule your next HVAC maintenance visit. For more expert advice about HVAC maintenance and other issues related to home comfort, contact Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions today. We’ve been serving the Orlando area since 1969.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock