Indoor Air Quality Need a Checkup? Call Rinaldi’s for Testing and Recommendations
When’s the last time you thought about your home’s indoor air quality? Although it may seem like a minor issue, the air inside your home can significantly impact your health and overall home comfort. Here’s why indoor air quality is so important, and how a professional HVAC contractor can help you to make improvements.
Why should I be concerned about indoor air quality?
The quality of air inside your home may actually be worse than the air outdoors. Dust, bacteria, mold spores, pet dander, allergens, and a number of other particles in the air can trigger or exacerbate allergies and respiratory illnesses such as asthma and COPD.
How can I improve my home’s indoor air quality?
A lack of ventilation can be a big problem for air quality. You may consider installation of exhaust fans in high-humidity areas or installing mechanical whole-home ventilation and purification systems to help throughout the house.
What can I expect from a professional check-up?
The best way to improve air quality is to schedule a professional evaluation. This likely will include:
- An initial consultation – This will help your contractor determine what the problem is – whether you’re having trouble breathing or feeling clammy when the A/C is on.
- Equipment inspection – All systems will be evaluated for safety, functionality and proper air filtration.
- Insulation inspection – An evaluation of your insulation’s current levels will be conducted.
- Blower door testing – This test uses depressurization to determine where air is leaking into or out of your home.
- Airflow diagnostics – Your home’s airflow will be checked to ensure that your ductwork is working the way it’s supposed to. Airflow to specific rooms will be evaluated via a capture hood test.
- Personal improvement plan – The findings will be discussed, and a personalized plan of do-it-yourself and professional improvements will be offered.
To schedule a professional indoor air quality evaluation, contact the professionals at Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions. We’re proud to serve the residents of the greater Orlando area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about indoor air quality and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock