Do you keep your windows closed most of the time? Preventing indoor air from being replaced with outdoor air leads to a decline in indoor air quality. Many people find recycled air to be difficult or even dangerous to breathe, thanks to the accumulation of dust and other airborne particles. Here are a few suggestions to help you choose.
Why Choose an Air Filtration System?
- The main reason for installing an air filtration system is to protect your furnace from accumulated dirt. A filthy furnace runs less efficiently or can even sustain damage.
- Filters generally have large enough holes to permit free airflow and catch large particles of dirt.
- Filters that are changed regularly will keep your furnace running properly.
- High MERV rated filters catch mold spores, pollen, dust mites and other allergenic particles, but air passes through slowly, the system runs less effectively and your heating bills will go up.
How Can an Air Cleaner Help?
- Air cleaners effectively protect the furnace from built up dirt.
- Air cleaners remove nearly all of the particulate matter in the air regardless of the size. This includes mold, pollen and other common allergens.
Which is Best?
You know your family’s needs better than anybody else. If you or somebody in your home has asthma or allergies, then an air cleaner is important for health reasons. Otherwise, as long as your only concern is the furnace, an air filtration system is sufficient.
Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions has been keeping Orlando homes comfortable for nearly half a decade. Call us today and we can help you with any indoor air quality concerns that you have!
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “phloxii/Shutterstock”