When was the last time you had your heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system serviced or repaired? If you really can’t remember, it’s likely that your HVAC system is not functioning efficiently. This means it’s costing you more money than it should be, and that it may be time to start thinking about buying some new HVAC equipment.
The first stage in the process is to request detailed quotes from three to five local contractors. If you can’t understand the terminology, don’t be disheartened. Many people have difficulty reading HVAC quotes; this is why it is important to familiarize yourself with a few basic terms. Then you’ll be ready to compare quotes and buy new equipment with confidence. Here’s a list to get you started:
- Air handling unit: This is installed indoors and sends heated and cooled air to an area of your home. A central air-handling unit serves the same purpose, except that it sends air to more than one area.
- Compressor: This a component of a split-system heat pump. This part is located in the outdoor portion of the A/C unit and is responsible for controlling the pressure applied to the refrigerant. Such pressure is necessary to take that heat into your home via the heat pump, or to extract the heat to keep your home comfortably cool.
- Condenser coil: This is the part that converts the refrigerant, in its gas form, back to a liquid. The heat carried by the refrigerant is extracted.
- Damper: This is a valve that directs airflow to designated areas.
- Ductwork: This is a system of insulated pipes that carry air from the handler to the vents throughout your home.
- Heat pump: This reverses the flow of the refrigerant in heating mode, so that heat is brought in from outside to heat your home.
Rinaldi’s Air Conditioning Service provides quality HVAC installation and maintenance to the Orlando, Florida area. Contact uswith any questions or concerns about your HVAC system. We are always ready to take your call, and our qualified technicians will answer all your questions in terms you can easily understand.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Rinaldi’s services Orlando, Florida and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website or see our current specials.