You’ve done your homework online, and you’ve asked neighbors and coworkers if they know any good HVAC companies. You make the call. You inquire if the estimate request is free, like their website or your neighbor said, and when can the technician come to your home? Then, you wonder what’s involved with an HVAC estimate anyhow?
Here’s what to know about a comprehensive HVAC system estimate and more good questions you should ask.
Comprehensive HVAC System Estimate
Your HVAC system touches many aspects of your life, including your home comfort experience, your energy budget, and your health concerning indoor air quality. That is a tall responsibility. So, when it comes time for a new or replacement HVAC unit, it’s important to get it right from the very start.
- Your technician should perform a free home energy evaluation.
- The cooling/heating load of your home is measured. This dictates the correct size HVAC system your home needs to keep you comfortable.
- Your air ducts are inspected to determine if they are in good condition or if they need repairs.
- You should receive an itemized written estimate of efficiency upgrades, ductwork specifications, HVAC system purchase price, and labor costs.
Questions to Ask
So far, so good, but there are important questions to ask — many of which should be explained in talking with your technician or during the initial phone call.
- Why should I choose your company? Only work with HVAC companies with a long track record of great service and companies that are licensed, bonded, and insured.
- How will it help mitigate mold and mildew problems? Your technician should explain the advantages of installing whole-home air purifiers and dehumidification systems.
- Do you install solar-powered systems? If you are ready to take advantage of free energy, hire a company that installs solar HVAC systems.
- Will a new central air system keep me more comfortable? Any HVAC system, old or new, will only work as efficiently as the air ducts and home it is installed in.
For a comprehensive HVAC system estimate and a company you can trust, contact us at Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Name”