November 1, 2016
In any household that uses fuel-burning appliances or HVAC equipment, the danger of carbon monoxide exposure exists. The most effective way to protect yourself and your family is to install carbon monoxide detectors. Here are some suggestions for keeping those critical safety devices working properly.
November 10, 2015
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, invisible gas that can accumulate in dangerous levels in your home and cause illness or even death. A carbon monoxide detector is the best way to keep your home’s occupants safe from CO poisoning. Even after the installation of your CO detector, you should check it regularly to make …
Continue reading “You Need to Check Your Home’s Carbon Monoxide Detector this Season
October 28, 2014
Carbon monoxide, or CO, is an invisible gas that you cannot smell or taste, and it is produced as a byproduct of the combustion process in various heating appliances and engines. There are several sources of carbon monoxide the average Orlando-area home, and following information will help you to identify the sources and symptoms of …
Continue reading “Carbon Monoxide — Without CO Detectors, Your Family Could Be at Risk”
July 8, 2014
Carbon monoxide (CO) is something that every homeowner should be worried about. This deadly gas is also odorless and colorless, which makes it impossible for humans to detect. There are, however, some tips you can follow for safeguarding against carbon monoxide.
February 6, 2014
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a natural by-product of any combustion device, including your furnace, gas stove and water heater. If the appliances in your Orlando area home are not operating correctly or have poor venting, CO levels can become dangerous very quickly. A carbon monoxide detector is an easy way to protect your family from harm, …
Continue reading “Your Carbon Monoxide Detector: It Matters Where You Install It”
September 24, 2013
It can’t be seen, smelled or heard, but it can kill you. We’re talking about the deadly gas, carbon monoxide (CO), a poisonous gas produced when we burn fuels such as natural gas, charcoal, wood and propane.
April 2, 2013
Did you know that carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is estimated to be responsible for more than 500 accidental deaths and 5,000 injuries every year? CO can cause low-level poisoning that has symptoms similar to the flu, but exposure to higher levels can cause death or severe brain damage. In fact, CO is the largest cause …
Continue reading “Think Carbon Monoxide Detectors Aren’t Necessary? Think Again”
February 28, 2012
Modern heating and HVAC systems are safer and more reliable than ever, but in any home, carbon monoxide remains an unseen but deadly danger. It is an invisible gas created by the process of combustion, whether in a furnace, automobile, gas stove or other fuel-burning equipment.
November 8, 2011
An often unrealized danger that could exist in your central Florida home may be one that you cannot see. In the case of carbon monoxide (CO), you cannot smell, see or taste this toxic gas — which is why the proper installation of carbon monoxide detectors is essential to your family’s safety. Exposure to the …
Continue reading “CO Detectors — The First Step In Protecting Your Family From The Dangers Of Carbon Monoxide”