Benefit Your Home With an HVAC Cleaning
If you’re looking for ways to improve the performance of your HVAC system, keeping it clean can help. Regular HVAC cleaning can also benefit your home in other ways like:
- Maintaining optimal energy efficiency. The efficiency of the evaporator and condenser coils decreases when dirt and debris is allowed to collect and interfere with the normal heat transfer process. As the buildup increases, your HVAC system’s energy consumption rises too, so having it cleaned is essential to keep your energy bills under control.
- Prolonging the equipment’s lifespan. Dirty HVAC equipment isn’t just inefficient, it also works harder so it’s subject to more strain and wear. Reducing the equipment’s workload by keeping it clean can help prevent unnecessary breakdowns and repairs and also prolong its useful lifespan.
- Improving humidity control. How well your HVAC system handles humidity directly affects how well it’s able to keep your home comfortable, as well as it’s ability to keep mold growth in check and maintain your indoor air quality. Since heat transfer is more efficient in clean equipment, it’s also able to dehumidify more effectively.
Effective HVAC Cleaning Tips
It’s best that an experienced technician handles complicated HVAC cleaning tasks, which includes flushing the condensate drain line, and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils, the blower unit and the indoor and outdoor fans. You can tackle the following cleaning tasks yourself:
- Make sure the outdoor unit has ample breathing room. Good airflow through the condenser coil is essential, so make sure there’s two feet of clearance around the outdoor unit by clearing away any yard debris and keeping tree branches, shrubs, grass and weeds trimmed back.
- Wash dirt and debris off the condenser. Use your garden hose to gently rinse off the condenser coil to maintain its heat transfer capabilities in between professional cleanings.
- Keep the air filter pristine. Once a month, examine the air filter and replace it as soon as there’s any sign of accumulating dirt and debris.
To learn more ways to keep the system clean in your Orlando-area home, or to schedule professional HVAC cleaning, contact us at Rinaldi’s Energy Solutions.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Orlando, Florida and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Westfrisco/Pixabay”